Did you know that there are certain foods that help maintain your dental health just by chewing them? The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD) teamed up with a team of nutritionists to put together a list of foods that can help improve dental health and whiten teeth simply by consuming them.
Here are seven foods that you might want to integrate into your regular diet for oral health:
- Basil -- helps to naturally reduce bacteria in the mouth
- Carrots -- contain large amount of Vitamin A which helps form healthy tooth enamel and they help to naturally cleanse your gums
- Cheese -- lactic acid helps prevent tooth decay
- Green tea -- naturally reduces bacterial growth
- Lemon -- naturally whitens your teeth and keeps pH balanced within your body
- Pineapple -- contains a lot of citric acid and causes you to produce additional saliva. The combination of the two serves as a natural, anti-bacterial mouthwash
- Quinoa -- loaded with minerals that strengthen your teeth
Contact Our Dentist For More Information
If you're interested in more information about good dental health and the proper choices for a healthy and beautiful smile, please contact Medical Arts Dentistry today. Our cosmetic dentist serves patients in Savannah, Richmond Hill, Garden City, and the surrounding areas and can help you and your family create a plan for beautiful and healthy teeth. Contact us today by calling (912) 355-0605.