When you are self-conscious about your smile, your overall confidence may be affected as well. For those wishing to attain a natural-looking smile that they can be proud of, porcelain veneers may just be option you're looking for.
If you are looking to enhance your smile or just correct a minor problem, Medical Arts Dentistry can help you in achieving your goals. If you would like to schedule a consultation to see what options we can offer you, contact our practice at (912) 355-0605 to schedule a consultation with Savannah dentist Dr. Carla Roher.
Are Porcelain Veneers Right for You?
Porcelain veneers not only help many attain the dazzling smile that they have always wanted, but they also help to correct a number of problems, such as:
- Discoloration or staining
- Chipped or cracked teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth with worn down edges
When looking at whether or not you would make a good candidate for porcelain veneers, there are a few factors that you need to consider, these include:
- Adequate tooth structure - Placement requires the removal of a thin layer of the outer surface of your natural tooth, making the need for sufficient tooth structure essential.
- Bruxism - If you grind your teeth in your sleep, a night guard will be recommended to help prevent the possibility of your veneers chipping or cracking. Those who have a tendency to clench or grind throughout the day will not make good candidates.
- Good oral health - Those with unhealthy teeth will be unable to have veneers placed. If you suffer from gingivitis, gum disease, or serious tooth decay, treatment will be required first.
- Tooth alignment - A proper bite is important when getting veneers. If the positioning of your jaw is off it may cause excessive pressure on the veneers when you bite which can cause them to crack or chip.
The best way to determine whether or not veneers may be an option for you is by visiting our Savannah cosmetic dentist for a personal consultation. Since every case is unique, Dr. Roher will evaluate your mouth and make a recommendation that she feels best suits your needs.
If you are interested in learning more about what porcelain veneers can do for your smile, please contact Medical Arts Dentistry at (912) 355-0605 to schedule your consultation Savannah dentist, Dr. Carla Roher. We proudly serve those in or around the Savannah, Richmond Hill, and Garden City, GA communities.