When you are missing one or more teeth, dental implants are one of the best alternatives to your natural teeth. They are a highly successful option because in addition to replacing the tooth itself, they also replace the root.
At Medical Arts Dentistry we offer a number of dental implant restorations. If you would like to see if implants are the best option for you, contact our practice at (912) 355-0605 to schedule a consultation with Savannah dentist Dr. Carla Roher.
The Ideal Dental Implant Candidate
There is a good chance that you will be considered a good candidate for dental implants if you are in good health. When looking at candidacy, there are a few key factors that our Savannah dentist will look for, these include:
- Overall health - Good overall health plays a key role in the successful healing of implants
- Oral health - You should be free of gum disease and have good dental hygiene
- Bone Density - Adequate bone strength and structure is needed to support implants. For those lacking bone density, bone grafting may be necessary
Conditions That May Interfere with Your Candidacy for Dental Implants
There are a few conditions that may affect your eligibility of being considered a candidate for dental implants, such as:
- Heavy smokers
- Use of drugs or alcohol
- Severe cardiovascular issues
- Chronis illness (such as diabetes, hemophilia, connective-tissue diseases)
- Blood or bone dycarsia
Every case is unique to each individual. The best way to determine whether or not dental implants are the right option for your particular case is to schedule a consultation. During your consultation, Dr. Roher will go over your eligibility and make a recommendation that is best suited for your specific needs.
To schedule your consultation with our experienced dentist Dr. Carla Roher, contact Medical Arts Dentistry at (912) 355-0605. We proudly serve those in or around the areas of Savannah, Richmond Hill, and Garden City, GA.